Friday, October 10, 2008

north carolina trip sep 2008

I took a couple of trips back-to-back during the end of Aug and
beginning of Sep 2008.
My first trip was to Indiana (where I was born),
which was at the end of Aug 2008.
I'm hoping to post that trip some day :)
This post will be the trip I took with my sweetie Kevin, back to NC.
our first stop was Boone, NC...Kevin's hometown.



guess who was hanging out in the backyard



I was told it was a good thing I didn't touch this. cute, but has a nasty sting.

we took a trip to Grandfather Mountain



this
bridge is pretty high up and swings!
some people made it across, but were too scared to walk back across it.





overheard this
bald eagle was shot and after being rehabilitated back to health, was unable to fly.


look cute don't they? apparently they're not as cute as they look...
one of the keepers told us they will break your bones if you get too close.


off to see the waterfalls


here I am with Kevin (yes, he's younger than I am,
especially with that goofy haircut---I can't cut hair, but I try) :-)





Kevin said the waterfall used to be higher when he was younger.
I guess a lot of the rock eroded away.


this is looking the opposite direction from the waterfall


poisonous?





off to visit Kevin's grandmother in Newland, NC





these grow wild on her land...I think they're wild blackberries


she grows Christmas trees...lots of people out there do as well

3 comments:

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

I love the photo of the worm! It seriously rocks!
Candice

Anonymous said...

I've seen many shots of nature, but you seem to have an eye for the surreal and excel when you choose a different perspective, such as your photo of the tree from the ground-up. I'd like to see more angles of nature that expose a different side of beauty.

kristin said...

How sweet...these are so stinking pretty!

http://kristinrogersphotography.typepad.com/