Tuesday, July 29, 2008

wildflower triathlon ~ may 2-4, 2008

anyhooo...nothing new and exciting at the present moment, so I thought I'd post about a triathlon I did back in May 2008. I didn't actual do the whole triathlon myself, I was part of a relay team...I did the bike portion. this triathlon event is actually a set of three triathlons called "Wildflower" located in Lake San Antonio, CA (which is near Paso Robels, CA). the tri I was part of was the olympic course (1.5 k-swim, 40 k-bike, 10 k-run...in miles: 0.93 mi-swim, 24.85 mi-bike, 6.2 mi-run). the three triathlons are the mountain bike course, the long course, and the olympic course.

you can read more about Wildflower here:

http://www.tricalifornia.com/index.cfm/Wildflower2008-main.htm



Mike doing the mountain bike course. this was Mike's first triathlon (wtg Mike!)


James as he's starting the 56 mile bike ride part of the long course. James did the entire long course on Saturday, then did the swim for the olympic relay on Sunday. the long course is basically a half iron man...1.2 mi-swim, 56 mi-bike, 13.1 mi-run *wow*


the start of the olympic course swim. I've never done the swim, but
from what I've been told, if you're up front, you will get slugged & slapped in the face and kicked as well. (sounds like fun huh?)


here I am back from the 24.85 mile hilly bike ride. I really pushed myself
on this because I knew I wasn't doing the 10k run afterwards :-)


Kevin (in red) as he's finishing up a 6.2 mile run part of the olympic course relay. thing about doing a relay is, the runner gets all the glory!

No comments: